Talking with nutritionist, author and coach Matt Fitzgerald about finding your ideal racing weight. We covered topics from Matt's 2013 Book "Racing Weight" (2nd Ed.), as well as his thoughts on training and his observations on racing psychology in his most recent book "How Bad Do You Want It?"
Some Topics Covered:
- Standard dieting versus "performance weight management"
- The importance of diet quality versus traditional "calorie counting"
- How much priority should be placed on macro nutrient balance?
- Periodization of nutrition (during the day and during workouts)
- The most importance metrics to monitor in diet, weight and body composition
- How to trust your appetite (and make sure your appetite is trustworthy)
- High volume / low intensity training versus low volume / high intensity training
Win a copy of "Racing Weight"
Enter on Facebook and/or Twitter before noon Eastern time on August 7th!