Back for his third appearance on the Lost in Transition Podcast, fan-favorite Dr. Kevin Sprouse brings helpful info for age group athletes and provides a behind-the scenes look at life on the road with a UCI pro cycling team.
Some topics covered include:
- The benefits of a 1-2 week mid-season break
- Post workout and post race recovery myths and facts
- Maintaining ideal rider race weight during the Tour de France
- Sleep hygiene during cycling grand tours
- How cycling teams eat during the Tour
- How he manages to eat and stay active while on assignment at cycling events
- What a typical day looks like for the staff and cyclists
- What information he has access to during the race
- Daily monitoring for age group athletes
- Tracking cumulative fatigue (both simple and advanced methods)
- Using tracking devices for health data (and why FitBit can be helpful even for more advanced athletes)
- New developments in glucose monitoring for non-diabetic athletes and possible links to performance
When he's not on the road with Cannondale-Drapac, Dr. Sprouse sees pro and age group athletes at his Knoxville, TN-based practice, Podium Sports Medicine.